Saturday 27 August 2011

Saint Kabir



“Man, here is your worth,
Your meat is of no use! 
Your bones cannot be sold
For making ornaments,
And your skin cannot be played
On an instrument!”

~~~~

“I am looking at you,
You at him,
Kabir asks, how to solve
This puzzle--
You, he, and I?”

~~~~

“I said to my longing heart,
What is this river you want to cross?
There are no travelers before you, there is no road.
Do you see anyone moving or resting on that bank?”

~~~~

“This union with the guru, O Kabir,
Sets me free; like salt mingled
With flour, I am no more I!”

~~~~

“Don't open your diamonds in a vegetable market. Tie them in bundle and keep them in your heart, and go your own way.”

~~~~

“Look at you, you madman! Screaming you are thirsty and dying in a desert, when all around you there is nothing but water!”

No comments:

Post a Comment