Friday 17 June 2011

My Little Story - 3


One day a beggar went to see a Sufi fakir and found him seated on velvet cushion inside a beautiful tent with it's ropes tied to golden pegs in the ground. 
Seeing all this the beggar cried: "What is all this! I have heard so much about you and your spirituality and non-attachment but I am completely disillusioned by all this ostentation around you."
The fakir laughed and immediately jumped up and said Let's go and walked off with the beggar not even waiting to put on his sandals. 
After a while the beggar was distressed. "I left my begging bowl in your tent. What shall I do without it? Please wait while I go back and fetch it." 
The Sufi roared in laughter. My friend said he," the gold pegs of my tent were stuck in the earth, not in my heart; but your begging bowl is still chasing you." 

1 comment:

  1. You must not forget the fact that renunciation and sense of detachment should lie in your mind and heart. If you are indifferent to the wealth and riches of the world from the inner core of both - mind and heart, then there is no difference in whether you use the things of the world or not.

    Detachment means not avoiding things physically but it means using the things of material world but never have even an atom of desire for them in both - mind and heart. This is called a true detachment, renunciation, indifference, or avoidance in a real sense.

    Precisely, the same meaning has been justified by the above moral giving story between a Sufi Saint and a beggar.

    Get the moral and assimilate it in your life !

    Jai Shree Radhey !

    ReplyDelete